Nascent attempt at using Foam to curate and leverage a personal memex
Project maintained by djplaner
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
Need to specify the strategic goals of the institution and the methods to be used.
Issues-based approach to strategic planning is an alternative to goal-based. It allows the focus to remain on the present, rather than some imaginary future. Also other models.
Will eventually need responsibilities and timelines - management plan.
SMART versus SMARTER
Goals should be Specific, Measurable, Acceptable, Realistic, Timely, Extend the capabilities of the group, and Rewarding.
Arguments exist that SMART goals are a problem, in part due to 35 years of research on goal setting shows
- Setting specific, difficult goals consistently leads to higher performance than just urging people to do their best.
- High goals generate greater effort than low goals, and the highest or most difficult goals produce the greatest levels of effort and performance.
- Tight deadlines lead to a more rapid work pace than loose deadlines.
- Making a public commitment to a goal enhances personal commitment.
- Whether the goal is set by mutual agreement or by the boss alone doesn’t make a big difference in goal achievement.